Top 5 Benefits of Hiring a Divorce Paralegal
Marriages are supposed to last forever. But sometimes, this ‘forever’ is more short-lived than thought. And sometimes, no amount of counseling or efforts can avoid the uncoupling. But divorcing each other may prove to be more difficult than initially thought due to varied reasons. Adding to that, the tricky choice between hiring a lawyer or choosing a divorce paralegal.
We wish to help you in making this choice easy for you. So, in this blog, we will talk about 5 of the benefits of hiring a divorce paralegal. Let’s get started!
- Easy filing: The first and foremost requirement while filing for divorce is the proper filing of all your forms and documents. So, you should be aware of all the documents you need to fill. But you may not be aware of all the necessary documents according to state law. So, hiring a paralegal can help you in knowing about all the required forms. Along with this, you can also make sure that all your documents are ready before the hearing date. It will help you in avoiding unnecessary delays and strengthen your case.
- Cost Saving: Paralegals charge a very nominal fee which is lesser than lawyers and attorneys. So, in a few cases like uncontested divorce, they can be a good choice. It is because divorces such as mutually-decided ones don’t need the presentation in court. So, you can avoid the unnecessary expense of hiring a lawyer.
- Complete Documentation: Some states permit paralegals to counsel their clients about the documents that need submission. So, you can get the information about the required documents but without paying too much. Many people have seen that choosing an experienced divorce paralegal turned out to be beneficial than a lawyer. So, make sure that you choose someone who has been in the field for at least some years and has credible references. And, a lot of the time, complete documentation does mean half the battle won already.
- The Crucial Preparations: As we said earlier, divorce paralegals can help you ensure that all your documents are in order. The knowledge about necessary documentation can also help you to avoid possible future hassles. The additional, crucial help can be about the legal framework’s functioning and the documentation process. In other words, some state governments allow paralegals to provide expert opinions on limited topics. So, you can get the benefit of their years of experience and may turn the case in your favor.
- The Uncontested Divorces: Uncontested divorces are the ones in which you and your spouse mutually agree to separate. You also agree on the separation terms and don’t need the mediation of the court of law. In such cases, divorce paralegals are the people to go to. By hiring an experienced divorce paralegal, you will be able to get all the documents in place but not pay unnecessarily high fees of a lawyer.
Divorce paralegals can be of great help if you choose an expert in the field. In several cases, the tables were turned by paralegals. So, choose wisely after considering all the possibilities. May the force be with you!